We want you to be comfortable in your new home and for it to meet your needs.
You may want to think about practical things that are important to you such as; the amount of living space you want, if there are stairs in the home, the location of bathroom(s), whether you want a garden and the energy efficiency of the home.
Other things useful to know:
- We will buy existing and new build properties anywhere in Northern Ireland up to a maximum value of £190,000.
- We recommend you look for a property with a relatively good energy performance rating. Ratings range from `A’ to `G’ with `A’ being the most efficient and `G’ being the least. Properties with a higher rating are likely to have lower fuel bills.
- As the property should meet your needs now, it shouldn’t need any immediate upgrading or major alterations. For that reason we don’t buy properties that will require a substantial amount of work to be done to them.
- You must live in the property.
- You can’t run a business from it.
- You can’t sublet the property without our written permission.
- We don’t buy one-bedroom homes.
Remember, this is your home and you need to be happy with the price and standard of it. You can read more about our property criteria by clicking here.
Properties with conventional construction and modern timber-frame construction are generally suitable for Co-Own for Over 55s while properties with non-traditional or unconventional construction may be suitable but will depend on individual circumstances.
Click to view some examples of properties that are definitely not suitable for purchase through Co-Own for Over 55s and examples of where further investigation would be needed before a decision could be taken either way.
As this will be your home, you are responsible for ensuring you have buildings insurance and any other insurance you think necessary, e.g. contents insurance.