The commitment to our CSR projects during the last 12 months has been a great achievement whilst at the same time delivering more than 1140 properties.
Our activities are based around 3 areas:
- Environment – reducing the impact of our operations on the environment through encouraging behaviours and introducing initiatives that minimise waste and maximise efficiency.
- Workplace – building on our existing activities that support equality of opportunity and diversity both in our dealings with clients and stakeholders and also across the organisation.
- Community – encouraging and supporting our staff in volunteering and fundraising opportunities.
Our aim is to embed environmentally ethical behaviour into our culture and workforce.
- We have continued our recycling partnership with Bryson House recycling paper, cardboard, cans and plastic.
- We continued to record and display recycling progress for staff.
- We are embarking on a ‘paperless office’ environment
We continue to review our governance framework and policies for good practice in terms of meeting the needs of our various stakeholders.
- We continue to contribute to consultations on strategy and legislation in the housing arena
- We continued to provide staff and materials support free of charge for home buyers advice events organised by local estate agents, financial advisers and developers
- Our Equality Team continues their work internally and has submitted the Annual Progress Report to the equality commission in August 2014.
- We held a very successful coffee morning in aid of MacMillan raising almost £300 for the charity in one morning! We made speciality coffee and staff donated baked goods to be sold
- Staff collected gifts for local children during the Christmas period again this year. We continued to support the Barnardo’s Bereavement Campaign, supporting grieving children and their families. The charity extended their most heartfelt thanks ensuring us that our gifts had really made a difference
- In November through staff consultation Cancer Research was voted as our Charity of the Year – our target for fundraising is set at £1000
- We launched our corporate responsibility calendar for 2015 in December
- We have had coffee mornings, raffles and dress down days throughout the year
- In March staff volunteered at Marie Curie Centre in Belfast helping paint outdoors and garden
- Staff continued to take part in regular blood donation sessions in Belfast.
The year ahead
We will continue our CSR activities focusing on the 3 main areas, environment, workplace and community working alongside Business in the Community. We especially want to continue our fundraising days and volunteering opportunities for staff.
We are committed to achieving CORE certification in conjunction with BITC in the coming year. CORE is a framework for identifying and measuring corporate responsibility activity and performance. It is based on Business in the Community’s Corporate Responsibility (CR) Model. CORE will enable us to map our entire corporate responsibility activity and benchmark it against other organisations; this is all verified by an external assessor.