- Access to this website and the use of information on it is subject to the following Terms and Conditions. You should read these Terms and Conditions carefully. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you are not permitted to access and use this website. If you proceed further and use this website you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and will be legally bound by them. These Terms and Conditions take effect from the date on which you first use this website.
- We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions under which the services available through the website are offered without notice. Therefore you are responsible for regularly reviewing the terms and conditions and notices posted on this website. The continued use of the site after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change made.
- There may be other terms and conditions within certain areas of the website which relate to the use of such areas. Such additional terms and conditions will be posted in that area of the website.
2. Co-Ownership Housing®
- This website is owned and maintained by Northern Ireland Co-Ownership Housing Association Limited (Co-Ownership Housing). Our registered office is at Murray House, Murray Street, Belfast BT1 6DN. We are a housing association registered with the Department for Communities (number R33), an industrial and provident society (number IP200), an equal opportunities employer (number 9754) and accepted as a charity by the Inland Revenue (number XR62384).
- In these Terms and Conditions reference to “we” and “us” mean Co-Ownership Housing and “you” means the user of the website.
3. General information
- The contents of this website have been produced solely for information purposes and for the purposes of providing a service.
- This website is designed to be accessed through its home page and such other principal pages as we may decide. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information which is relevant to a full understanding of our products and services. Important information will contain important product details and relevant legal or regulatory information.
- Whilst care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained in the website, the information is of a general nature and users should not rely on any information in it in relation to a specific issue without taking financial, taxation, legal or other professional advice. Products and services in respect of which information is given on the website are generally only available to persons resident in Northern Ireland.
- This website does not constitute an offer or solicitation by Co-Ownership Housing®.
- The information contained in this website (including but not limited to) artwork, data, frames, graphics, illustrations, logos, names, photographs, service marks, software, sound, text, trade marks and any other material in whatever form and the structure of the website itself, copyright of which belongs to Co-Ownership Housing®, may not be copied, transmitted, amended or reproduced in any form whatsoever without our prior written consent.
5. Access to website
- You are solely responsible for obtaining and maintaining or upgrading all equipment and internet connections which you need both now and in the future to enable you to fully access this website.
- You are solely responsible for all costs and fees in connection with accessing and using this website of any nature whether software, hardware or other.
- You agree to notify Co-Ownership Housing® in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the website by any party.
- The website and its contents are provided to you in this format as it is and without any representation or warranty by or on behalf of us that:
- the analysis or information contained in this website is complete and accurate
- that access to this website will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely, or error-free or that defects will be corrected.
- the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection.
7. Use of website
- This website contains links to other websites which are hosted and maintained by third parties. Co-Ownership Housing® does not accept responsibility or liability for any consequences whatsoever of linking to or from any other website, nor for the contents of any other website. We have no control over the content or security of any such site. You link to such websites at your own risk, and we make no representations regarding the content of any such website. We cannot be liable for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of such third party websites.
- You must not use this website or any part of it:
- to damage, disable, impair, interrupt or affect the services provided through the website or its functionality
- to interfere with any other party’s use of those services
- to transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable material or information of any kind including but not limited to transmission constituting or encouraging conduct which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any national or international law
- to transmit any information, software, email or attachment which contains in full or in part of any Virus, Worm, Trojan Horse or other harmful component
- to transmit any material for the purposes of publicity promotion and/or advertising unless you have our prior written consent to do this
- to construct a database of any kind.
8. Downloaded material
- Any material which is available for download or is otherwise accessed through the use of this website is obtained on the basis that you:
- do so at your own risk
- are entirely responsible for any resulting loss or damage to software or computer systems and/or any resulting loss of data or any other loss of any nature and kind whatsoever
- are responsible for ensuring that any material downloaded is complete, accurate and kept safe
- do not download any material onto any server or other device connected to a network
- retain any of the downloaded material in its current form and do not alter any part of it
- do not offer the downloaded material for sale
- accept that we reserve the right to reject hard copies of forms printed from the website where, by the time they are received, these forms have been updated.
9. No liability
- The use of this website and the information is at your sole risk.
- Co-Ownership Housing® excludes liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss, loss of profits or goodwill, wasted expenditure or other economic loss of any kind, whether in contact, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with:
- the use of this website or any of the information contained therein
- any error, corruption of data or any amendment of information transmitted
- the inability to use this website whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable
- any defect or failure of your equipment and/or software on connection to use the website
- service interruptions
- in the event of any Viruses, Worms, Trojan Horses and other harmful components being present in or transmitted by Co-Ownership Housing®’s systems and networks
- any other matter in connection with the use of the website.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Co-Ownership Housing® from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against Co-Ownership Housing® of whatsoever nature whether relating to damages, costs and expenses, legal fees or otherwise by a third party to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceedings is based on or arises in connection with your use of the website and/or any breach by you of this agreement. This section survives termination of this agreement for any such reason.
11. Telephone calls
- In order to maintain the highest levels of service, telephone calls made to our offices are dealt with through a call routing system and may be recorded. A statement that calls may be recorded for business or training purposes is played on connection of each incoming call.
12. Monitoring of website
- In order to maintain the security of its systems, protect its staff and detect fraud and other crimes, Co-Ownership Housing® reserves the right to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domains. Monitoring includes checks for, but is not limited to, viruses and other malignant code, criminal activity, and use or content which is unauthorised as being in breach of information security and other corporate policies.
- These Terms and Conditions include the Privacy Statement in the website.
- If these Terms and Conditions or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any jurisdiction in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that jurisdiction be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- If any of the Terms and Conditions of use are breached and we take no action, we will still be able to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- No waiver by Co-Ownership Housing® of any breach of any obligation arising under these Terms and Conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other breach and no failure to exercise or partially exercise by Co-Ownership Housing® any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
16. Law and Jurisdiction
- Information appearing on this website is provided in accordance with and subject to the laws of the Northern Ireland and the laws of Northern Ireland are the laws governing the conduct and operation of this website. The Courts of Northern Ireland have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with the terms of this website, the information contained in this website and its use.
17. Suspension of the Website
- We shall have the right to immediately suspend your access to the website if you commit a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- The clause headings are included for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions of use.
- Words in the singular include the plural and the plural include the singular.
- A reference to one gender includes a reference to the other gender.