We understand the loss of a loved one is an extremely difficult time. We will do our best to assist you and ensure that the transfer of ownership is as simple as possible. Please contact us if you need any help and support during this time.
If you purchased your Co-Own home with your partner or another person and he/she has passed away, we will require a copy of their death certificate. Once we have this we can update our records. We will discuss any other amendments you may need to make to your Co-Own account. For example, change in bank details for rental payments.
In the event that the remaining Co-Own customer has passed away, we will need the following:
- A copy of their death certificate.
- The contact details of the solicitor acting on behalf of the deceased customer.
- The contact details of the personal representatives of the deceased customer. Once the personal representatives have been confirmed by the solicitor we will contact them to discuss the process further and will keep a copy of their details on file.
We will then work with the solicitor to obtain:
- A copy of buildings insurance for the property.
- Details of any outstanding mortgage on the property.
- A copy of grant of probate / letters of administration.
- Details regarding the proposals for the property and payment of rent.