All applicants must confirm that they have read and understood these terms & conditions also referred to as declarations before the application can proceed. If your application to Co-Ownership is successful, these declarations will apply throughout the full duration of your contract with Co-Ownership. The application will not be accepted by Co-Ownership where any applicant has failed to acknowledge these declarations.
- I understand that I am responsible for ensuring that all the information submitted as part of any application made to Co-Ownership either by me, or on my behalf, is correct and true. I will personally complete the online application or, if it is completed by someone else on my behalf, I will read and check every answer.
2. I understand that any fraudulent, false or misleading information, statements or omissions in respect of my application whether in an online application or otherwise may be sufficient grounds for cancelling my application and any agreements entered into with Co-Ownership and that:
a. I will make good any loss which Co-Ownership may suffer by relying on this information, and
b. I will not be permitted to make another application for the property named in this application, or make an application for any other property for twelve (12) months from the date of cancellation of this application.
3. I understand that I must advise you at once in writing of any changes in my contact details or in my circumstances that might affect my application whether contained in my application form or otherwise. This may result in any approval in principle or offer being changed or withdrawn, depending on the nature of the change in circumstances.
4. I am aged 18 years or over and resident in the UK.
5. I do not own property in Northern Ireland or elsewhere, and have no outstanding settlement arrangements from the sale of any property.
6. I am not bankrupt, or subject to an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA), and it is more than six years since any bankruptcy order or IVA has been discharged.
7. I am aware that I am solely responsible for any fees/costs incurred by me in connection with this application. Examples of such fees are any broker fees/arrangement fees/valuation fees/mortgage application fees/legal fees. This is not an exhaustive list.
8. I am aware that this application, any approval in principle or any final offer which may be issued, is not assignable or transferable to anyone else.
9. I accept that Co-Ownership may withdraw, revise or cancel any application at any stage without stating a reason.
10. I understand that the approval in principle is not a contract, nor is it intended as such
11. I understand that should a final offer be provided to me by Co-Ownership, it will be done on the basis that Co-Ownership have set aside money for the completion of the property purchase.
12. I am aware that if at any point in the course of processing my application, Co-Ownership decides that the property I apply to purchase is not suitable, it may cancel my application and I may be required to submit an entirely new application if I wish to apply for another property. Any such new application will be subject to the Co-Ownership’s requirements of how, when and under what criteria Co-Ownership is currently taking in applications at the time the new application is made.
13. I understand that if there is more than one applicant named in an application Co-Ownership may only send documents, correspondence, text messages, or emails in connection with the processing of the application to the residential address, mobile telephone number or email address of the first applicant.
14. I understand that if my application is successful Co-Ownership will correspond with me at the address of the property applied for, following completion of its purchase, in whatever format it may decide.
15. I understand that it is up to me to keep in regular contact with Co-Ownership. Co-Ownership bears no responsibility for any failure or delay in the delivery of text messages, email or post.
16. I understand that, if I have been a tenant in the 12 months preceding the date of my application, Co-Ownership may approach my current or previous landlord for a reference.
17. I understand that Co-Ownership may approach any employer named in my application, or in any supporting documents submitted to Co-Ownership, for confirmation of income declared in the application. If I have declared any income from self-employment in this application, I understand that Co-Ownership may approach my accountant or bookkeeper for confirmation of that income.
18. I understand that Co-Ownership may contact other parties named in the application or in any supporting documents submitted to Co-Ownership, as well as any mortgage lender for the purposes of the administration and management of the equity sharing lease.
19. I understand that at the time of my application, Co-Ownership will share my personal data with a credit reference agency to access my credit report so that it can assess my financial standing to check if I am suitable for Co-Ownership.
20. I understand that Co-Ownership will use credit scoring methods to assess my application and to verify my identity and will consult credit reference agencies who will supply credit information about me, as well as information from the Electoral Register. These agencies may record details of the credit search conducted whether or not my application proceeds. If there is more than one person applying to Co-Ownership credit reference agencies may treat all such applicants as financially linked. In addition to its use in the evaluation of my application and the management of any subsequent equity sharing lease, this information may also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering.
21. I understand that following completion of the property purchase, Co-Ownership will report my rental payment information to Experian’s Rental Exchange. In the event that I do not pay my rent on time, I understand that my credit report may be negatively impacted.
22. I understand that any application submitted to Co-Ownership will be retained by them for an appropriate period whether or not the application is successful.
23. I understand that, where any documentation provided by me or in connection with the processing of my application is originally in a language other than English, Co-Ownership may obtain a translation of the contents into English for the purposes of dealing with the information.
24. I understand that any approval in principle or final offer that Co-Ownership may make or provide to me with respect to my application will be subject to:
a. All applicants in all respects continuing to meet the current Co-Ownership criteria;
b. The condition/valuation/title to the property and the condition/title of the housing development of which it forms part (where appropriate) being acceptable to Co-Ownership;
c. Co-Ownership’s solicitor being in a position to certify the legal title as good and marketable;
d. Satisfactory financial searches against all applicants;
e. My being in a position to finance my portion of the purchase price of the property by a mortgage or otherwise, required by Co-ownership.
f. There being no change in my financial or other circumstances before completion of the purchase;
g. Any directives and/or requirements issued by the Department for Communities or its successors or by any other external body or organisation to which Co-Ownership is answerable;
h. Co-Ownership being able to comply with all legislative requirements and the requirement of any law enforcement agency;
i. Co-Ownership having adequate funding available to finance the purchase of a property of my choice;
25. I understand that Co-Ownership is required to have due regard to the need to promote equality of opportunity and, to help achieve its policy of complete fairness in the treatment of all applicants, therefore collects information for monitoring and statistical purposes in compliance with Section 75 of the Northern Ireland Act 1998.
26. I am aware that Co-Ownership is committed to carrying out business fairly, honestly and openly and adopts a zero-tolerance policy towards bribery.
27. I agree that I will send to Co-Ownership such additional information as may be required by it to enable the further processing of my application as soon as possible and within the time limit specified by it. Failure to do this may be sufficient grounds for cancelling my application.