Co-Own could be for you if you really want to buy a house but, for whatever reason, are unable to at the present time. The majority of our Co-Owners are first time buyers, but we can also help people who have owned a house before. We just ask that you do not own any property or land, or are named on any deeds before you apply. We also ask that all transactions from previous properties owned or previous relationships are settled before you apply.
There are some criteria we need our Co-Owners to meet, the key ones are:
- You over 18 and live in the UK
- You do not currently own any property or land anywhere (exception for Co-Ownership Portability cases)
- You will live in the property as your only residence and will not use the property for business purposes
- If you are married, civil partners, or couples living together or intending to live together in your new home, then you must apply together
- You have an adequate right to reside in Northern Ireland
- You have had no Payday Loans or Home Credit within the last 12 months
- Any Debt Relief Orders, bankruptcies or Individual Voluntary Arrangements must have been satisfactorily completed at least 6 years before applying
- You have no outstanding adverse credit at the time of making a Co-Own application e.g. CCJ’s, Defaults
- We use Experian to review your credit history and help us make the decision on the credit worthiness of your application.
If you have any queries about your eligibility for Co-Own, please contact us and a member of the team will be happy to discuss it further with you.