We are committed to protecting your privacy and recognise our responsibility to hold your information securely and confidentially.
The information we collect
Generally, we only collect personal information when you apply for Co-Ownership or carry out transactions with us once you have purchased a home through the Co-Ownership scheme.
Using our website
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. As you browse through our website, our web server collects information about your visit, not about you personally. We gather and monitor statistics such as:
- The number of people who visit our site
- The number of new/repeat visitors
- The date and time of visits
- The number of pages viewed
- The time spent on the site
- The most popular sections of our site
This list is not exhaustive.
This information is anonymous and no attempt will be made to identify visitors. The information can help us to ensure our site is user friendly and convenient for visitors; however, we know nothing about these visitors in terms of email addresses or any other personal information.
Where it is necessary to provide the service you request (for example, if you subscribe to email updates or if you use our contact form with a query) we will only ask for personal information from which you can be identified and so that we can provide you with a response (such as your name, address, phone number, email address). This information is not stored on our website; however, we may monitor, record and keep any emails you send us via this website.
Where you have subscribed to our email update service, you may unsubscribe at any time. A quick link facility for unsubscribing is included in each email update.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer and are commonly used on the internet. We use session cookies - these are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your browser. We use them to:
- collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors' browsing habits on our website;
- compile statistical reports on website activity, e.g. number of visitors and the pages they visit;
- temporarily store any information which you may enter in tools, such as calculators or demonstrations on our website.
Cookies will not be used to contact you for marketing purposes and they do not in any way compromise the security of your computer.
You can use this website with no loss of functionality if cookies are disabled from the web browser. Your internet browser's help section will have specific instructions about how to manage or disable cookies.
Information relating to Co-Ownership clients (home owners and people applying for homes through Co-Ownership)
If you are an existing Co-Ownership client or an applicant, details of how we process your personal information and who we share it with will be contained in the relevant application forms and literature.
Your information comprises all the details we hold about you and your transactions, and includes information obtained from third parties.
We may use and share your information to help us and them:
- assess financial and insurance risks;
- collect payments when due and recover debt;
- prevent and detect crime;
- understand our clients’ requirements; or
- develop and test products and services.
We do not disclose your information except:
- where we have your permission; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law; or
- to credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other companies that provide a service to us or you; or
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under our agreement(s) with you; or
- to government entities or regulatory bodies in order that those entities may discharge their responsibilities and obligations or exercise their powers or functions.
We may transfer your information to other countries on the basis that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection. However, such information may be accessed by law enforcement agencies and other authorities to prevent and detect crime and comply with legal obligations.
Information relating to professional advisers (who deal with home owners and people applying for homes through Co-Ownership)
Generally, we retain contact information for financial advisers who register with us for information updates about Co-Ownership Housing.
We also retain information about professional advisers who may be appointed to act for Co-Ownership Housing in providing its services to clients and applicants (for example, solicitors on our conveyancing panel or valuers on our valuations panel). For such professional advisers, details of how we process your information will be contained in our mutual correspondence and documentation (for example, application forms, terms of appointment and service level agreements).